USA 829 to Launch Online SDS Sheet Database This Fall
Local USA 829 is soon launching an online Safety Data Sheet (SDS) database available to Members. This database will contain important health and safety information about the chemicals and products you use at work, making this information easily and readily available. The database, called an eBinder, will be available exclusively to Members in a conveniently located customized, searchable database that can be accessed from any computer or mobile device – perfect for Local USA 829 Workers on jobsites in shops, studios, theaters, or on location. A number of members have contributed to creating the customized collection specific to USA 829, and you will also have the ability to search far beyond those materials.
These are just some of the features that will be available:
- Around-the-clock access to the industry’s best SDS library, containing more than 13 million documents and adding more than 20,000 new or updated SDSs each week.
- Accessible across multiple platforms using a computer or a mobile app that allows online and offline access by downloading information directly to a device.
- Share links to chemical safety information with other employees and First Responders – even if they don’t have the mobile app.
- Easily create secondary container labels, GHS compliant labels, and custom labels.
- User support available for assistance using the eBinder, finding data, and a Toxicologist is always on call to speak to Members about specific questions or concerns about a product.
Work to create the customized SDS eBinder continues and, as this collaborative effort progresses, resources will be shared including training on accessing and using the eBinder, reading SDSs, using the mobile app, and more.
Look for the USA 829 SDS eBinder to become active this Fall. In the meantime, Members are invited to visit www.msdsonline.com to get a sampling of what this SDS management system has to offer, view a short video overview, and search for and download up to 5 SDSs for free.